View Single Post
Old 8th October 2020, 06:13 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Can't remember who the guitarist was, but I don't think it was Steve Vai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah, Vai left following Skyscraper unfortunately. I saw his with Roth at Donington but he was long gone by the time i saw him in Manchester.

The name Joe rings a bell as the name of his guitarist (not Satriani) i'll have to look it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Not Joe, but Jason. Jason Becker. I looked it up.
It seems you are right on both counts

From the wikipedia page for Jason Becker:

"At the age of 20, he joined David Lee Roth's band to work on Roth's album A Little Ain't Enough, replacing Steve Vai, who had joined Whitesnake. In 1990 Becker won the coveted Best New Guitarist award from Guitar Magazine. While preparing for the album, Becker began to feel what he called a "lazy limp" in his left leg. He was soon diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS; Lou Gehrig's disease) and was given three to five years to live. He finished the recording using lighter (thinner) gauge guitar strings and other techniques, which made it easier for him to play with his weakening hands. Although he managed to finish the album, which was released in 1991, he did not join the supporting tour due to his inability to perform on stage; former Lizzy Borden guitarist Joe Holmes took Becker's place on tour. "

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty