View Single Post
Old 10th October 2020, 09:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Incredible Burt Wonderstone

Steve Carrell plays an ego-centric magician who looses everything but makes a comeback along with his partner Steve Buscemi and Assistant Olivia Wilde. Jim Carrey also stars as a completely insane rival. One of those 15 rated Comedy Movies that Warner brothers have been releasing, it is also one that is overlooked and under-rated. It is rather enjoyable.

Beethoven

Classic Family Film in which a rather large St. Bernard is taken in by a grumpy/reluctant Charles Grodin and his family. Dean Jones plays an evil Vet who has a sideline in Animal Experiments. This film also has before they were famous roles for David Duchovny, Stanley Tucci and Oliver Platt

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Jim Carrey plays the title role who has to find the Mascot of the Miami Dolphins which has been stolen. Courtney Cox co-stars. I bought this in the January Sales back in 1996 (I think) for 6.99 (Which was a bargain back then) and I loved it, whilst still good in places, I found Ventura to be a rather annoying juvenile character.

Love Actually

Modern Classic Xmas Film which follows several storylines on the run up to Xmas in London. Saw this film many times at the Cinema, it's still great but didn't really need the Martin Freeman or Keira Knightly storylines.

Beethoven's 2nd

Beethoven finds a mate and ends up fathering Puppies. The owner of the mother of the Puppies wants to sell them but Charles Grodin's family ends up looking after them. I found this to be better than the 1st film, unfortunately this series fell into Straight To Video/DVD Hell after this.

Bloodsport

One of my earliest VHS purchases and one of my favorite films of all time sees Jean Claude-Van Damme enter a Martial Arts Tournament. Great film, great fight scenes and a under-rated soundtrack. It also has the bonus of Oscar Winning Actor Forest Whitiker in it.

This needs a Blu-Ray release with tons of extras, hopefully 88 or Arrow do it but knowing my luck, it'll be part of the HMV Premium Collection where it'll only have the trailer and poster.

Crank 2: High Voltage

Jason Statham returns and this time his Heart is stolen and replaced by a mechanical one that needs to be constantly charged. A rather crazy film which is still a decent watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ibw.jpg (13.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg b.jpg (14.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg avpd.jpg (13.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg b2nd.jpg (13.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg bs.jpg (13.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg c2hv.jpg (13.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg la.jpg (14.8 KB, 2 views)