View Single Post
Old 17th October 2020, 11:45 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
According to wikipedia the S stands for Simon, the guy who managed the group and created the brand is called Simon Fuller.

Steps on the other hand is a totally different group and I quite liked them
Simon Club 7 sounds a bit different!

I've been listening to the four commentary tracks on the 101 Films Blu-ray release of David Cronenberg's Rabid, one from him, one from the Soska sisters, one from two people who knew or write about Marilyn Chambers, and a more general one. Needless to say, I'm now much more informed about this film, Marilyn Chambers' career, and Cronenberg's thoughts on the film than I was last week!

I watched The Prowler and Ghostbusters yesterday, two very different films. Joseph Zito's slasher is a very watchable and well-made movie: the score adds a lot to the tension, the kill scenes with the pitchfork are appropriately gruesome thanks to Tom Savini's superb special effects make-up, and there are sufficient red herrings to create suspense. The acting is particularly noteworthy for a film like this, with the cast including Farley Granger and Lawrence Tierney. When I bought the DVD (called Rosemary's Killer) From Music Magpie, I had forgotten I brought the Blue Underground Blu-ray release back in 2011 and still have it!

Ghostbusters is, as it was in 1984, a wonderful blend of comedy, science fiction, horror, and fantasy. Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Sigourney Weaver, Ernie Hudson, Rick Moranis, and William Atherton are all memorable in this wonderfully written, performed, and directed movie. The 4K Ultra HD release looks outstanding and the Dolby Atmos soundtrack enhances some of the action sequences, making the sound fill the room in a way the Dolby TrueHD 5.1 soundtrack doesn't.