View Single Post
Old 17th October 2020, 07:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Absurd. 1981.

A priest/doctor chases after a man with regenerative powers who goes on a killing spree teams up with the town's police to stop the madness.

Joe D'Amato teams up with Big George Eastman who is out for blood again, the plot seems a bit far fetched like it's something that starts out like a science-fiction film with another disembowelment (did George enjoy seeing his insides on the outside, at least he didn't eat them this time). The suspense and chills seem to be limited and far in between the first half of the movie, then it goes full blown horror the way we like it, where would you see a woman's head be put into a oven while it's turned on and see her skin burn slowly,or a slow drill through the head, it is a bit like playing with your food before eating it. A slow start that does pay off.

Attachment 228645
I only saw this for the first time when the UK bluray came out. I actually spent most of the middle act wondering why these Italians are so obsessed with watching American Football, it was only afterwards I realised the film was supposedly set in America Unsuccessfully so, but George looked very handsome when he was killing everyone so that made it OK haha.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky