View Single Post
Old 25th October 2020, 08:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Day 22
If I remember right a lot of people here didn't rate this, but I really enjoyed it. After a meteor crashes , strange things start happening to the wildlife and plant life, a family living close to the where it struck also start changing both mental and phyiscal. Some interesting effects and bit psychedelic in places. Nicholas Cage stars as the father, he starts out quite restrained but as the film goes on he becomes more and more the wild eyed Cage we all know. 7/10

Day 24

A moggie escapes from a genetics lab and has the mother of all fur balls and goes on bloody and gruesome killing spree until it is befriended by two girls on spring break who end up on crooked business man's yacht , along with a vicious gangster( George Kennedy) and some boys the girls brought. They are all soon prey to the psychotic moggies fur ball.

Always enjoyed this it's just so OTT . The acting is not up to much apart from big George and the cat . We all have some nice gory kills. 7/10

Day 25

Thought I would have a more light hearted sunday.

First viewing. 300 years after a trio of witches are defeated , they are resurrected when teenager Max lights the black candles in what was the witches home and resurrects them, it's up to Max , the girl he has a crush on and his baby sister to try and stop the witches whom are to totally out of time and are more frightened of the 20th century than youngest are of the. 8/10

A classic the original and still the best. When a group of scientists are fired from their university jobs, they go into business for themselves as the Ghostbusters . They soon notice that the amount of events in the city are increasing leading something huge that could spell doom for the entire city. Great script and characters and genuinely funny. 10/10

Taking place 5 years after the first the Ghostbusters are no more, Ray owns a occult book store and does children's party's with Winston , Egon now has a prestigious job and Peter is the host of cheesy psychic talkshow.

But they all come together when Dana and are young son are in danger from a Transylvania madman trapped in a painting who wants the baby as a vessel for his spirit who he using a river of slime to power himself.

Ok it's not a patch on the first and even by the standards of the first it's ludicrous. But I still enjoy it immensely and it's head and shoulders above the reboot. Mind after watching it I don't know if I should of saved it for new years eve. 7.5/10