View Single Post
Old 25th October 2020, 08:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Case 39. 2009.

A social worker rescues a girl Lilith from her abusive parents only to discover something darker lurks within the child.

This film was recommended to me by a friend who watched and kind of got scared, call me intrigued, Angie bought it and said it was good and creepy, so I thought what the heck, Renee Zellweger is not my favourite actress and really can't pull off a social worker type character even though she does try her best but it is Jodelle Ferland who steals the show as the troubled girl hiding a deadly secret and a attitude that makes you want to slap her silly. Bradley Cooper plays the child psychologist Doug who tries to tap in to the mind of a child and his fears are shown. Ian McShane plays the detective who slowly uncovers the secrets the parents were doing around their daughter.

I think the makers were trying to make this like The Omen movie mixed with soul stealing myth but didn't exactly pull it off well as the demon inside her never really manifests itself properly and if it did I must have blinked and missed it. Even when Lilith appears you can feel the suspense building up and at times it is expect the unexpected, decent enough but go to it with a open mind.

case-39-trailer.jpg