View Single Post
Old 21st February 2010, 09:03 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Nice ones BE!
There are actually a lot of English friendly Italian dvd's besides Raro!
But Raro are the most English friendly I guess.
How's the picture quality of Stridulum?
I've been meaning to pick that up.

PS See you've also got Waves of Lust,bit of a Deodato fan?
Cheers bdc.

My shopping habits haven't brought me into contact with many Italian DVD companies which offer an English option. Raro being the main one, but I also know Alan Young, Cecchi Gori, 01 Distribution, RHV and NoShame Italy have a few releases with English options, which is good. I've used Bloodbuster a couple of times and there are some good Italian releases on there; many at pretty decent prices too.

As for Stridulum I thought the presentation was very good, it's just a shame about the film itself! Very bizarre, I (thought!) was pretty sure that I'd seen it before... wasn't what I expected/remembered though! I think Eyecatcher (?) have just released this too in sumptious hardbox form with three cover variants (1 being an oversize Ltd Edition) a la their Red Queen and Enigma Rosso releases. Could be wrong though.

Yes! I'm unashamedly a die-hard Deodato fan, and had to pick up Waves of Lust when I saw it going at a fairly reasonable price. There isn't a film of Deodato's that I've seen that I didn't like - I even have love for Dial:Help!