Thread: Western Movies
View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2020, 09:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Good the bad and the

The Good, The Bad And the Ugly...
Well like they say, what can you say that has not already been said about this film...Well it's bloody long,I Remember taping it on my family's betamax player,and the tape recording run out just before the ending,but I still rewatched it....Happy halcyon days,when a film of this calibre, would be the high light of your television viewing,shame the longest tape I had to record it was just under three hours long,or was it only 2' 1/2 hours long???... Any film that can still have you re-watching it after you first saw it,probably over 30 odd years ago surely must have greatness ingrained onto its very celluloid...My only gripe really is that the remastered version has alot of extra footage reinstated,which is not a bad thing in its self,it's just that the dialogue had to be re-dubbed...Now I have not checked my facts,(but hey this is the internet,who does) but I believe Clint Eastwood and Eli Wallach were able to do there scenes,but obviously Lee Van Cleef was unfortunately not around anymore to do his footage,so they obviously got a voice actor in to impersonate him,not a problem...But Clint and Eli's voices have for obvious reasons, changed over the years,so it's not exactly seemless,but this is a minor gripe, for what is a perfect movie,and one that brings back memories and my shitty betamax tapes....