Thread: Western Movies
View Single Post
Old 5th November 2020, 02:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Fisting

For A Few Dollars More.....
With a cast full of the sweatiest,ugliest character actors this side of the Rio Grande,that also includes German misery guts and all round hate monger,Klaus Kinski...For A Few Dollars More,has a real spiteful streak going through it,and this is all down to Gian Maria Volonté*as El Indio,a dope smoking psychopath,who has very little quams about having women or children killed,or anybody else come to that...But For Few Dollars does have some moments of levity, mainly when Lee Van Cleef lights his cigar on Kinski chin,and when Eastwood goes and sees the prophet,a train hating bed ridden old man who seems to know everyone and everybody, but on the whole it's a pretty mean spirited film...I mean apart from Eastwood and Van Cleef pretty much every other character in the film is dead by the end,But then again Clint's character is getting paid per head,so it's no wonder no one survives....On the other hand,Lee Van Cleef has a major score to settle with Indio,is it me or does it strike you a bit odd that Van Cleefs character of Colonel Douglas Mortimer looks identical to his character in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly,then again I'm never quite sure if Clint Eastwood's character is susposed to be the same man in the trilogy, because he goes by a different name in each film...As a youth I had the soundtrack to this and A Fistfull of Dollar's on vinyl,and never got tired of listening to Ennio Morricones fantastic music...