View Single Post
Old 7th November 2020, 06:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Antrum (2018)

I love it when a movie features a disclaimer saying i could well die after watching it. It really gets you in the mood.

I don't think i've ever seen a film like Antrum before. The opening ten minutes and last few minutes are a wrap around documentary about how dangerous people believe this film to be whilst the remaining time constitutes the movie itself.

And what a bizarre movie it is. It's equally fascinating and yet boring and drawn out like a US election. At seventy five minutes it's far too long and lacking a story line and yet i found myself rewinding and watching parts several times. The film is full of subliminal imagery and blink and you'll miss em' goings on in the woods. The film is also littered with sigil's to the demon Astaroth. There must be getting on for a hundred of them and i found all this quite captivating.

At one point the screen goes black for a minute, perhaps less, but don't look away as you'll notice the dark, shadowy, demonic face of Astaroth looking through the blackness at you. I thought that was wonderfully creepy.

But the lack of story definitely underwhelms even if we do get to see Baphomet worshiping cannibal hillbillies committing bestiality with a dead deer, but it was definitely the visuals which held my attention in a 70's retro style movie that whilst severely flawed had ambition and Occult imagery in spades.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg antrum recensissimo.jpg (87.0 KB, 4 views)