View Single Post
Old 18th November 2020, 09:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The Beyond

A woman inherits a Hotel but it's one of the 7 Gateways to Hell therefore a lot of strange happenings (Mainly gruesome deaths) occur. One of Lucio Fulci's efforts, it has some really great and gory deaths (Especially the ones involving the Spiders and the Dog) This would have been one of my favorites, especially one of my favorite Video Nasties, if the script was better. I do wonder if Fulci had an obsession with eyeballs being popped out.

Saw VI

Another gory entry in the series, this time we find out that Jigsaw's Ex-Wife is involved. Certainly someone has a vivid imagination regarding the idea's for the traps.

Scream

The Film which revived a Genre back in the 90's. Someone is murdering Teens after calling them first. Neve Campbell is the heroine who the killer is targeting but keeps on surviving. This is one of my favorite films (And series) I just love it. That opening scene with Drew Barrymore is just incredible and sets the tone, this is one film I would have loved to have seen at The Cinema. What also helped was that it's been awhile since I've seen this and it did feel like it's watching it for the 1st time even I did remember some but not all it.

Cannibal Holocaust

One of the most notorious Films of all time which sees a Professor goes to The Amazon Jungle in order find a Documentary Film Crew who went missing while looking for Cannibal Tribes, After returning to New York with film footage, Television company watches the footage, I don't need to say much more. Other than the animal cruelty this is one of my all time favorite Movies, it's just incredible. This is the original Found footage Movie and is cleverly constructed. I swear if that Theme Song was on a more mainstream film, it would be up for Awards.

I remember a comment someone made stating pity of any uninitiated person watching this film not knowing what the are in for. Also I love that Trailer that Shameless Films did for their release of this Film, it made it look a nasty film.

I do wonder if a 4K Version is on it's way to being announced soon, not sure who has the UK Rights anymore.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tb.jpg (15.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg svi.jpg (12.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg s.jpg (55.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg ch.jpg (15.7 KB, 2 views)