View Single Post
Old 24th November 2020, 11:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Blackadder the Third. 1987.

In the regency era. Mr. E. Edmund is butler to the numskull Prince George.

Episode 1: Dish and Dishonesty: Blackadder enters politics to avoid the young new Prime Minister striking the Prince off the civil list.

Episode 2: Ink and Incapability: Professor Samuel Johnson has created the first dictionary and hopes the Prince will act as a patron, when Baldrick burns it Blackadder attempts to write it.

Episode 3: Nob and Nobility: Blackadder attempts to prove he is just as brave as The Scarlett Pimpernel and rescue a aristocrat from the French revolution.

Episode 4: Sense and Senility: Following a failed assassination attempt at the theatre, Blackadder hires two actors to teach the Prince how to deliver a speech...don't mention the Scottish play.

Episode 5: Amy and Amiability: Blackadder discovers the Prince is broke and tries to figure out how to get the fortune back and believes the Prince sshould marry in to money.

Episode 6: Duel and Duality: The Prince seduced two nieces of the fiery Duke of Wellington, Blackadder and the Prince trade places. Blackadder Scottish cousin McAdder arrives and offers him to kill the Duke.

I don't know why this series seemed to get a bashing, I actually enjoyed it, Hugh Laurie stars as the Prince Reagent who is dim witted and clueless and funny at the same time. Tim McInnerny appears in one episode as does Stephen Fry and Miranda Richardson. Rowan Atkinson at his best providing the laughs, wit and sarcastic comments with mentioning words that are not in the dictionary. Robbie Coltrane, Chris Barrie and Kenneth Conor provide small roles but they know how to give out good laughs.

MV5BMGViZTgzNjEtZWQ3My00YjJkLTk2OGUtZDQ1ODg2ZGEyNzhhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_.jpg