Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 229711
STAR WARS EPISODE VII
THE FORCE AWAKENS
(2015)

Whatever people may think of the film now, this movie hit the ground running when Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney.
At a time when Lucas was happy to do nothing with the franchise but turn out crap merchandise, Disney got on the ball straight away and announced another film. Gathering together the original cast, the fans took note again.
When you look at it, it's the same story as the original film and with a nostalgic edge.
For me, I like the movie and it seemed that once again Star Wars was back.
Nothing will ever beat the original trilogy for me, and I can still view that as a stand alone piece with nothing before or after.
The movie is the best of the new Disney episode movies and I felt real hopeful that this was the start. Lots of questions, like who is is Rey made it all exciting again. With Rogue One A Star Wars Story on the horizon it seemed all was right with the world again..
..or so I thought.
This is the only one of the new trilogy i own. Hated the second one got rid of it and have no intention of watching the last one.

Rogue One and Solo i'm more than happy to keep in the collection and have seen a couple of times each so far.