View Single Post
Old 6th December 2020, 10:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Gremlins 2: The New Batch. 1990.

Billy and Kate have moved to New York and working for a media mogul Daniel Clamp, When Gizmo's owner dies and his shop demolished, Gizmo is picked up by two doctors who work in the Genetic Lab, and being released by Billy, Gizmo is let loose and gets wet, creating a new spawn of Gremlins.

Director Joe Dante prefers this film to the original, at times I can see why , you got a mogul Daniel Clamp which has been seen as business type like Trump or Ted Turner (the guy who owned CNN and WCW). Robert Prosky acting like Grampa from The Munsters, a one person cooking show, and a different selection of Gremlins that create the laughter than horror.

Zach Galligan, Phoebe Cates return with Dick Miller and Jackie Joseph as The Futermans, who seem to have got over the house crashing in the first film. John Glover stars as Daniel Clamp, Robert Picardo plays the bully manager type who seems to have charmed Greta the Gremlin that comes with some funny comments. The film does seem to parody other movies, the first was a bit of a dark comedy horror where this is just more comedy and still made me laugh.

b1685d53-9abc-114b..jpg