View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2020, 10:06 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Quite a lot on BBC2 by the looks of things, unless you live in Northern Ireland that is!:

'Martin's Close' - Thu 24 Dec - 10:15pm-10:45pm - BBC Two (not Northern Ireland)

"In 1684, John Martin is on trial for his life, but this is not a cut and dried murder case because the young woman he is accused of killing has been seen after her death. Mark Gatiss's adaptation of MR James' ghost story, starring Peter Capaldi, Wilf Scolding, Simon Williams, Sara Crowe, James Holmes and Fisayo Akinade"

'The Dead Room' - Thu 24 Dec - 10:45pm-11:15pm - BBC Two (not Northern Ireland)

" Ghost story written and directed by Mark Gatiss that is set in the studios of a long-running radio horror series. The presenter of the show (Simon Callow) resents the fact that he must adapt to changing times and tastes, but during an eerie night's work, he begins to suspect that dark forces are at work in the studio and his own past may not be as buried as he expected. With Anjli Mohindra, Susan Penhaligon and Joshua Oakes-Rogers."

'The Lost Ghost Story with Mark Gatiss' - Thu 24 Dec - 11:15pm-12:15am - BBC Two (not Northern Ireland)

"The actor and writer examines the life and career of author MR James, trying to discover how this devout Anglican bachelor created supernatural tales that continue to chill readers more than a century on. He visits James's childhood home in Suffolk as well as Eton College and King's College, Cambridge, the two institutions where he spent most of his life, and ventures into ancient churches, dark cloisters and echoing libraries along the way as he attempt to uncover the writer's inspirations."
I still have Martin's Close and The Dead Room recorded.

I suppose the plague put paid to any new adap this year...

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.