View Single Post
Old 4th January 2021, 01:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default My dear killer

My Dear Killer...
Quite a grim piece of Giallo meets Poliziotteschi,as a suave Police Inspector Peretti (George Hilton) tries to solve a particularly head scratching case of kidnap and murder...Not helped by the fact that there is s multitude of suspects and a ever growing list of victims to boot...I might be being a bit thick here,but the motive and the overall villain of the crime did sort of elude me here,there were more red herrings than a fish market....But then again no one ever said that this genre ever had to make sense,I mean they very seldom do...At one point I even thought that Hilton was the suspect,(which is ridiculous in hindsight,but there you go)...But putting my confusion aside I was genuinely hooked by this tale, even if I did loose track of who was who,and how they were involved...Not as gory as you might be expecting,but does have a couple of unpleasant scenes,and certainly does not have the high bloody body count of say Tenebrae or Bavas Bay of Blood...But then again not many films have decapitation by a digger,which at the start is believed to be an accident ,not really sure how you accidentally decape some with a bloody great JCB,but there you are that's Giallo...