View Single Post
Old 11th January 2021, 08:12 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Attachment 230513

Danny aka Damage is the brutal and feared enforcer in a street gang. Growing up in a large poor family with an abusive father Danny breaks into a local store to steal some food but he is rumbled by the store owner and he is send to a juvenile facility where he meets Moses who be creates a tight bond with and will later form the gang named Savages.

This is quite the gritty affair following Danny through three stages of his life as a young scared kid trying to help his mother and protect his siblings from their abusive father. The second stage is after he gets out of the juvenile center and himself and Moses start the Savages with just a small few members to he third stage where he gang is massive but there is an internal struggle for power between two different factions. Danny is hard and uncompromising but he is also struggling with the life and constantly fights the urge to go home to see his mother.

Savage paints a pretty realistic picture of a rough life there is no glamourisatition of violence of gang life its dirty and gritty people live is shit hole houses there is no glory in this life there is just barely surviving. My main problem with the film is some of the dialogue was inaudible i had to put on the subtitles to make sure i wasn't missing anything nothing to do with the New Zealand accent just there is a lot of mumbling throughout.

If you like downbeat drama check this out definitely make you want to jump straight into the shower because everyone is filthy in this.

7/10

Last edited by Nordicdusk; 11th January 2021 at 08:45 AM.