View Single Post
Old 4th February 2021, 03:18 PM
Cult Master

Full details

'SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME' (1987) - Pre-order available from Powerhouse Films direct - £15:99

Release date: May 17

"Limited Edition Blu-ray (UK Blu-ray premiere)

After exploring the science-fiction and fantasy worlds of Alien, Blade Runner and Legend, famed British director Ridley Scott turned to modern-day New York for Someone to Watch Over Me, one of a number of adult-orientated erotic thrillers, including Fatal Attraction, Black Widow and Jagged Edge, to appear in the late eighties.

Tom Berenger (Platoon, Inception) plays a blue-collar NYPD detective assigned to protect a wealthy murder witness (Mimi Rogers, The Rapture). Soon, the relationship becomes an affair, threatening Berenger’s marriage to Lorraine Bracco (Goodfellas, The Sopranos), and the killer is still on the loose…

Stylishly shot by Steven Poster (Donnie Darko), Someone to Watch Over Me is glossy, high-concept filmmaking from start to finish"

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
  • 2K restoration
  • Original stereo audio
  • Audio commentary with filmmaker and film historian Jim Hemphill (2021)
  • Someone… to Write a Script (2019): interview with screenwriter Howard Franklin
  • Someone… to Shoot a Movie (2019): interview with celebrated cinematographer Steven Poster
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • Image gallery: promotional and publicity materials
  • New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Jamie Graham, extracts from an American Cinematographer article on the making of the film, a selection of interviews with key cast members, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits
  • UK premiere on Blu-ray
  • Limited edition of 3,000 copies

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty