View Single Post
Old 11th February 2021, 12:46 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I've also got Trashes the World and Theater of Death.

I keep meaning to pick up the Brutal Planet tour dvd but not got round to it.

Are there any must haves, Susan?
OFFICIAL live releases are:
  • Good To See You Again, Alice Cooper - The Alice Cooper Group on the 'Billion Dollar Babies' tour in 1973. Recommended if you want to see that band when they were 'the most dangerous act in the world'
  • Welcome To My Nightmare - There are two versions of this. The original release features the full 1975 concert, while the re-issue version has an edited concert, but includes the television special 'The Nightmare'. As a completest, I have both version, but I don't know which one to recommend to someone who had neither!
  • The Strange Case Of Alice Cooper is from the 1979 'Madhouse Rocks' tour, promoting the 'From The Inside' LP. Recommended, and highly theatrical, but it features a very ill looking Alice (this was just before he went into rehab for his drinking) and is only available as a region 1 release
  • The Nightmare Returns - One of the best and highly recommended. It's genuinely the only music DVD which has resulted in me having a nightmare after watching it! [It was the 'Teenage Frankenstein' for anyone who is wondering]
  • Trashes The World - To be honest, I wasn't overly impressed with this one. A great band and a fun song selection, but (for me) there was *something* missing
  • Brutally Live - Recommended. One of the best
  • Live At Montreaux 2005 - A fun show, but the show is more than half way through before the theatrics happen
  • Theatre Of Death - The one show I would recommend to anyone. If my house was on fire, this is the DVD I would save
  • Raise The Dead: Wacken 2014 - Entertaining, but nothing really special

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty