View Single Post
Old 12th February 2021, 10:26 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I finished off The Sylvester McCoy Years dvd.

Sophie Aldred, was basically Sophie Aldred. We all know her, we all love her (probably) and it was interesting to hear how her character of Ace was developed as they went along.

Andrew Cartmel was as insightful as ever. He talked about every story he script edited and about what might have come next. I always enjoy his interviews on the regular dvd's so this was a bit of a treat. He didn't seem too keen on Eric Saward when this was filmed.

Finally, last but certainly not least was Lisa Bowerman. She was brilliant, such enthusiasm for her work. I had no idea she was now a Big Finish director as well as performer. She clearly loved the Jago and Litefoot range of audio adventures.

Naturally she talked about Bernice Summerfield and the audio stories but also Survival too for quite a while. She showed quite a few photos from her private collection on the sets of the story, all of which were new to me. Lisa's interview was from 2018 so quite up to date, she even talked about Peter Capaldi leaving the role of the Doctor.

After watching the first interview (McCoy) i was thinking the six hours of chat would be a bit of a chore, but thankfully it was all rather enjoyable. Sylvester, surprisingly, was the least interesting, with Jessica Martin, Andrew Cartmel and especially Lisa Bowerman, the best.

I'm thinking about purchasing The Peter Davison Years next. - Davison, Waterhouse, Fielding, Sutton, Strickson and the one i really want to see - Anthony Ainley.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 12th February 2021 at 10:39 PM.