View Single Post
Old 18th February 2021, 08:35 AM
Cult Master

Lynyrd Skynyrd Releasing ‘Live at Knebworth ’76’ Live Album / Rock Cellar

"On August 26, 1976, American rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd took the stage at Knebworth in the U.K. and delivered a performance as part of a huge, all-day festival that also featured the likes of the Rolling Stones, Todd Rundgren’s Utopia and many other acts.

On April 9, Eagle Rock Entertainment will release Lynyrd Skynyrd: Live at Knebworth ’76, a new live album/concert film documenting the historic performance, which featured the band’s classic lineup of Ronnie Van Zant, Gary Rossington, Allen Collins, Steve Gaines, Leon Wilkeson, Artimus Pyle, Billy Powell, and The Honkettes.

This footage, originally only available via the 1996 film Freebird … The Movie, was intercut with interviews and other performance footage. Now Live At Knebworth ‘76 presents the pure concert experience in its entirety, delivering the show as it happened that day. Kicking off with opening number “Workin’ for MCA,” Lynyrd Skynyrd ignited a powerhouse performance before over 150,000 attendees. Displaying the renowned triple guitar attack of Gary Rossington, Allen Collins, and Steve Gaines with Ronnie Van Zant’s signature vocals, Lynyrd Skynyrd: Live At Knebworth ’76 showcases fiery performances of such beloved classic rock anthems as “Sweet Home Alabama,” “Gimme Three Steps,” and of course, “Free Bird.”

Here’s a trailer:

As a bonus, the Blu-ray set also features the full-length documentary If I Leave Here Tomorrow: A Film About Lynyrd Skynyrd. Originally released in 2018, the film is an in-depth exploration of the band’s music and history"

And the track listing:
  • Workin’ for MCA
  • I Ain’t the One
  • Saturday Night Special
  • Searching
  • Whisky Rock-A-Roller
  • Travelin’ Man
  • Gimme Three Steps
  • Call Me the Breeze
  • T for Texas
  • Sweet Home Alabama
  • Freebird