View Single Post
Old 20th February 2021, 02:12 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Random_Acts_of_Violence_poster.jpg

The creator of the number one R rated comic book has decided to end the series of Slasherman a comic based on a real life killer. Suffering from writers block and unable to find the inspiration to give it a satisfying ending he sets off on a road trip with his girlfriend business partner and assistant hoping it will give him what he needs. The road trip takes a turn for the worst when someone starts acting out what happens in the comic books.

The first thing that grabbed me in this film was the colours every scene is lit with bright yellows pinks or greens in the night scenes the moon is actually green so everything has the glow to it and it all looks really cool i like that they bothered to show a green moon so its not just a random green glow on everything. The acting for 95% of the cast is pretty solid the worst was the female cop her first scene on the side of the road was hilariously bad screaming like a drill sergeant and squatting like a sumo wrestler . The story is a decent idea and as it goes along it makes much more sense and i really liked what they did with it. When it comes to the violence what is there is decent all great practical effects but i would of liked a little bit more a couple of scenes dragged on a little bit where the time could of been spent a little better considering the killers inspiration is and extremely violent gory comic the kills are lacking.

Overall its an entertaining film i dont think i would watch it again not because its bad but its just a one time experience for me it didn't offer enough for repeat viewings.

7/10