View Single Post
Old 20th February 2021, 06:12 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

MV5BMzU2OGVjZjMtOTE4Mi00Njk1LWI4YjUtMzc4MzdlZWExOTdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxMDQ1NzA@._V1_.jpg

During WWII a group of soldiers are stuck in the middle of the ocean on a life raft with tempers running high and rations running low their time is running out fast. Suddenly a Nazi war ship appears from the darkness and they hesitantly get aboard expecting a very frosty welcoming party they are surprised to find the entire ship abandoned that is until they find a child hidden along beneath deck. But she has a very dark secret and when its exposed they will be sorry they didn't take their chances on the raft.

I love the idea for this film dipping into the practices of the Nazis with the occult as well as stolen gold and artworks. The vampire design is cool they have that half bat half human look which looks great and there is some great blood and very realistic effects. The characters are ok nothing special a few of them are annoying as hell and there are some stupid dialogue that sometimes ruins a scene especially the Russian solider who constantly says i have had worse your on fire i have had worse your leg is hanging off ive had worse and it goes on and on completely pointless. There is also a scene straight out of Jaw and then Lethal Weapon comparing scars which was pretty cringe. The pacing was a bit off there is obviously a slow build at the start until they discover whats going on but it never changes with overlong dragged out scenes for no reason taking any feeling of urgency and tension out of many parts of the film.

I know it may sound like i hated this but i didn't it was actually decent for the most part just a few things that really stood out that were worth mentioning. Just as everything is going swimmingly and im thing just before it ends that was pretty decent and no where near as terrible as i was expecting someone drops the most stupid f***ing one liner that just pissed me right off and i said loudly well that just ruined everything and to make it worst they look right into the camera to say it

My score may seem high for all my complaints but it was still decent and entertaining so i have to give it some credit.

5/10