View Single Post
Old 20th February 2021, 07:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Presumed Innocent. 1990.

When a colleague is murdered, a lawyer is asked to look into it, Rusty Sabich finds himself accused of the murder having been in a short affair with the deceased, armed with a defense attorney he tries to clear his name as the evidence slowly builds up.

This was a tense decent crime thriller that never goes over the top and the actors never seem to outshine anyone, seems to me when someone in America is up for election or re-election something happens or bit of dirt can crop up and put a stop to it.

Harrison Ford plays Rusty, a defense lawyer for the D.A. accused of murder and hires his enemy Sandy Stern to defend him played brilliantly by Raul Julia who I wouldn't mind hiring to defend me if he was still alive (R.I.P Raul). This film doesn't drag on, from the first 10 minutes or so we are plunged into the murder and case files and a flash back then court case, what made it more tense was during the case that made it realistic and the prosecutor and defense having a battle of wits. Brian Dennehey, Bonnie Bedelia, Paul Winfield and John Spencer give out good performances as always.

5b5523b9f9df38158f1bbeede7bad57f.jpg