View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2021, 09:03 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
It's a difficult one for Disney as they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Personally, I'm happy with warnings and not that bothered about the odd deleted episode as long as it's available somewhere like on physical media for those who really want to see the unexpurgated version. However...

Whilst agreeing with Justin's definition of what is and isn't censorship I have the caveat that there is a type of 'curation' that is not helpful to collectors who really want the definitive article and that's the corporate practice of letting the grass grow over something (usually something that has become culturally sensitive). The best example is obviously Song of the South, which Disney have a fully restored copy of in their vaults, but has remained unavailable for decades and is not likely to see the light of day again. I can see this happening to some TV episodes held by large corporations as well.
Hence that's part of the reason why some ppl still collect vhs tapes, because some films never seem to get shown on tv or once shown never repeated, or places like Netflix, Amazon prime and the likes, and don't get released on anything else either.