View Single Post
Old 4th March 2021, 08:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Twins Of Evil. 1971.

Gustav who leads a group of brotherhood witch hunters in early 17th century, his two orphan nieces have arrived to live with him and soon one falls prays to the evil Count Karnstein.

This film combines some good hallmarks of the Hammer Horror, Vampires, Witches, Devil Worshipping, all along side a dark gothic atmospheric castle surrounded with foggy grounds, dark forests and graveyards. Peter Cushing excels himself as always as Gustav, a religious fanatic who believes he is doing the lords work in ridding the village of evil.

Mary and Madeleine Collinson play the young twins, one good one evil and seem enchanted by Damien Thomas as the count, his portrayal as a vampire is not the best but does work at times even though he seems wooden. David Warbeck plays the choir master Anton and somewhat hero who does have a good throwing arm.

I always thought this was a stand alone film I never realised it was part of a trilogy with The Vampire Lovers and Lust For A Vampire which will be watched back to back at some point.

Twins_of_Evil_poster.jpg