View Single Post
Old 14th March 2021, 06:43 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

images.jpeg

Billy has been living with his aunt since he was 3 after his parents were both killed in a horrific car crash. His aunt never married or even dated in all the years Billy was growing up it was always just the two of them living in a massive house way too big for just the two of them. Now Billy is 17 and he has been offered a basketball scholarship to go to Denver University where his girlfriend is going to be. Once Billy tells his aunt about the amazing opportunity he is getting she goes absolutely nut and its then we start to see this is not ordinary aunt and nephew relationship and she will go to some dark places to make sure he never ever leaves her.

There are some strange characters in this film mainly the aunt and the cop. I love how over the top the aunt is flipping from normal to crazy bitch mid sentence it's even stranger because i know people that have that sort of relationship with their mothers that overbearing when you die im going on a murder rampage because i'm not equipped to deal with the real world alone . Speaking of over the top the bloody cop couldn't be anymore over the top with his crazy views on gay people and his over the top use of the word fag if i'm honest he started to wear thin on me pretty fast and it did take a little enjoyment out of the film at least any scene he was in just a little too unrealistic for me.

After starting off a little slow once the final third kicks in the film goes into overdrive and takes a turn down bat shit avenue doesnt let up until the crazy finale. If the cop was a little less cartoony i would of enjoyed this a little more. The aunt was supposed to be OTT but everyone else is pretty normal making the aunt seem even more crazy but the cop takes away from that a little.

7/10