View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2021, 05:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Never seen the first one just doesn't appeal to me.

https://www.ihorror.com/terrifier-2-...ng-to-director
he
Terrifier 2’ Could Clock A Lengthy Runtime According to Director
The filmmakers of the upcoming Terrifier 2 are asking fans if a two-hour-long sequel to the 2016 original would be something they’d be into.

The question came from a post on March 22 from the official Terrifier 2 Facebook page. Director Damien Leone says that he has been editing the project and thus far has assembled a “rough” 1 hr and 30 minutes of film but has a little ways to go.

“Based on what I have left to edit, I’m projecting the final film to clock in at around the 2 hour mark,” he wrote. The original movie was only 82-minutes long.

Leone goes on to say about part two, “I know that’s not typical of slasher films but then again this isn’t your typical slasher film.”

Jokingly, comparing the extensive length of what he wants to do to Francis Ford Coppola’s opus Apocalypse Now, Leone asked fans what they thought about the projected extended runtime for an independent picture.

Most commenters agree that a lengthy movie is great but it should be tightly cut.

I think a 2 hour run time could work just fine as long as the pacing supports it. If it is exciting and engaging all the way through, make it as long as it needs to be!” wrote Patrick Chaffin.

Fan Erica Rae is also on-board: “The first one was really entertaining. As long as it gets to the point with the story, has great kills and doesn’t drag, im ok with the running time. I hope it comes out soon.”

Still, some people are a little apprehensive such as Aaron James. “More does not always equal better and I’d argue that the modern trend of really long movies has more often hurt the film than helped it,” wrote Aaron James.

He adds: “Only you know what you have and how the story works best, but I’d be hesitant to recommend anything longer than 1hr45minutes in length as this just isn’t the type of character that is going to need 2+hours to tell his story.”

Leone gave Art his own movie in 2016 and has been working tirelessly on the sequel which has already wrapped filming. The pandemic and a few other production hiccups have extended the film’s editing process and release date but Leone assures fans that Terrifier 2 is coming out by Halloween 2021.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 23rd March 2021 at 07:32 PM.