View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2021, 07:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/38...hJ8UGKIoKDaERI

Fede Álvarez Teases DON’T BREATHE 2 Is Now Finished & Fantastic

First-time director Rodo Sayagues’ Don’t Breathe 2 with Stephen Lang has wrapped filming and will be unleashed in August 2021. And today, the original director turned producer Fede Álvarez teases the sequel is 100% done and it’s fantastic.

Álvarez tells DiscussingFilm: “[Don’t Breathe 2 is] done already. I watched it not too long ago and it’s fantastic. So I just really can’t wait for you guys to see it.

The new film is said to kick off in the years following the deadly home invasion, finding the Blind-Man living in quiet solace – until his past sins catch up to him.

The sequel filmed during the quarantine. And Lang teases it’s its own thing. He says, “It has a tremendous kinship with the first film, but in many ways, in every way, it’s very much its own thing. I never walked away from a scene on this feeling like we’d left something on the table there. We really strived to get everything we could out of it. It’s an extremely isolating role. I spend a lot of time just with me, anyway.

RELATED: DON’T BREATHE 2 Basts Your Turkey in August 2021

He says: “And I suppose in some perverse fashion, it actually played into the playing of the role. We kind of debate and negotiate and massage every word, every phrase, every grunt. We all have a ball doing it because we enjoy working together. On the day-to-day life on set, I had a lot of input into it.”

Don’t Breathe was directed by Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead, The Girl in the Spider’s Web) from a screenplay co-written with Sayagues. Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert produced.

The first flick followed three thieves (including Jane Levy) who get word about a blind veteran who won a major cash settlement following the death of his only child, the trio invades the man’s secluded home in an abandoned neighborhood. Finding themselves trapped inside, the young intruders must fight for their lives after making a shocking discovery about their supposedly helpless victim.

Don’t Breathe 2 hits theaters on August 13, 2021.