View Single Post
Old 1st April 2021, 04:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Story reported today (and almost certainly only today) on the 'Doctor Who.TV site'

Doctor Who and Star Wars to Crossover

"What was once just fan fiction is set to become a reality. Disney and the BBC today announces an epic crossover event between sci-fi juggernauts STAR WARS and DOCTOR WHO.

Writer Chris Chibnall will collaborate with Rian Johnson (THE LAST JEDI) to bring the special to life.

The plot will bring together the Thirteenth Doctor (Jodie Whittaker) and Rey Skywalker (Daisy Ridley). These fan-favourites will end up going on an epic adventure when the TARDIS lands in a galaxy far, far away… The duo will also bump into familiar faces, both old and new. Further casting will be announced in the coming months.

Chris Chibnall said: “I’m thrilled to be working on this epic collaboration with Rian, a true visionary like myself. While it’s exciting enough just to see the Doctor and Rey together, just wait until Baby Yoda and the Mighty Pting meet. It’s a match made in heaven!”

Rian Johnson said: “Way back in 2012, I said I would nerdgasm if I could work on DOCTOR WHO. Well, here I am, finally. And you’d better believe it’s happening!”

Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said: “STAR WARS and DOCTOR WHO have been on similar trajectories for the last few years. Both have gone in bold new directions, and fans have loved it every step of the way. It’s only right that now we join forces.”

Jodie Whittaker said: “I can’t wait to team up with Daisy. I’m not really a STAR WARS fan, but I, of course, recognise a fellow icon!”

Daisy Ridley said: “What Jodie said.”

David Tennant said: “I’m probably involved in this… I usually am these days.”

STAR WHO is executive produced by Chris Chibnall, Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy. J.J. Abrams will direct.

Filming is set to begin in the coming months, and will broadcast on BBC iPlayer and Disney+."
Thank God it's April 1st if not I would want too slit my wrists , no words could describe how awful and woke it would of been.