View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2021, 05:50 AM
Cult Master

It’s official: Warner Bros. Home Entertainment confirms that WB Shop has closed for good (it’s not an April Fool’s joke) / The Digital Bits

"...So after posting our own WB Shop “joke” on social, I emailed contacts at Warner Bros. Home Entertainment to find out what was actually going on. And I’ve now heard back from them and have officially confirmed that WB Shop is no more. It’s been closed for good, and is essentially being supplanted by the new Warner Archive “Brand Room” on Amazon.com. So that’s where you’ll be buying Warner Archive Blu-ray and DVD titles from now on.

Let me repeat that, just so it’s clear: WB Shop is no more. All Warner Archive titles will now be officially available via this section on Amazon.com (click here for that). That is NOT an April Fool’s joke.

The Zack Snyder’s Justice League WB Shop HD-DVD exclusive IS a joke, however, and I thought a pretty damn good one. But I’ve been kind of soured on the whole April Fool’s thing for a while now, which is why I didn’t post it here on The Bits originally.

Nevertheless, based on all the confusion I’ve been seeing today from Bits readers, I did feel it important to check in here with clarification on what’s actually happening with WB Shop. So now you all know.

It’s officially kaput, gone for good, an ex-parrot.

Surprise!

*sigh*

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty