View Single Post
Old 7th April 2021, 04:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Warning

A classic character (well sort of) from original ghostbusters returns so if you don’t want to know turn away now

http://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/ghostbusters-afterlife-reveals-a-new-adorable-and-mischievous-character-.php

Ghostbusters: Afterlife’ Reveals A New, Adorable And Mischievous Character

There is footage of me at the tender age of two, running around with a proton pack strapped to my back. Two years ago, I wrote a Shakespearean adaptation of Ghostbusters for a theater company in NYC. In 2016 I excitedly took my then four-year-old niece to see Ghostbusters: Answer The Call. Last year on Halloween, I handed out candy dressed as, you guessed it, a Ghostbuster.

I love Ghostbusters and y’all, I am so excited for the new movie that I could plotz. The idea alone, Jason Reitman, taking over the reins from his father to continue the story of the original, was incredibly enticing. It became even more so when it was made clear they would be honoring the late, great Harold Ramis and his character Egon Spengler.

In an ideal world, I would have been seeing it in a theater last June. However, the release was delayed due to the Coronavirus pandemic. I was crushed. Since then I have been eagerly awaiting any new info. A trailer, a picture, or in this case, a clip!

For those who wish to remain spoiler-free, turn back now, because this is a pretty big reveal in my humble opinion.

Mini Stay Puft!! Eeeek!!! Not gonna lie, I actually shrieked when I saw this. That is no exaggeration. The music cue, the classic character presented in a new way (and giving off some real Gremlins vibes). They’re playfully making a S’more out of one of their own. We’re still waiting to see more, of course, but the spirit (nailed it) of the films appears to be alive, well, and moving forward. Even just in this quick scene we get something silly and pretty spooky! Those things bite and they’re everywhere!

Ghostbusters: Afterlife will be released in theaters in November and honestly that can’t come fast enough.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 8th April 2021 at 08:25 AM.