View Single Post
Old 26th May 2008, 06:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
As it was banned outright the time of the new censorship bill was being discussed, do you think this was just the BBFC flexing their muscles to show their still up to the job.?

The murder scenes i've seen from it aren't nothing we haven't seen before. I think the BBFC were just looking for a scrape goat and MSP fitted the bill perfectly.
It was just a coincidence MSP being rejected at the time the censorship bill was being discussed, there was never any chance of this film getting through here...the content goes well beyond what will ever be acceptable to the BBFC. It was surprising they submitted it in the first place. The BBFC did at least make an attempt to cut the film but gave up, which surprises me not in the least. Cutting this film would be a nightmare. And in any case the sheer amount of cuts would have made any release pointless. The BBFC would never ban a film just to flex their muscles, they take their guidelines very seriously. People who know the BBFC very well would know if they did something like that ie this film is clearly not in breach of their guidelines/UK law but they banned it anyway.