View Single Post
Old 28th April 2021, 08:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Invaders Of The Lost Gold (1982, Alan Birkinshaw)

Wheeeeeeeeeee! I finally found another film by AB

Ahem.
Jungle caper with Stuart Whitman, Glynnis Barber, Edward Purdom, Woody Strode, Harold Sakata aaaaaaaaaaaand Laura Gemser. Beat that

As cliched as they come, this perfunctory tale of mismatched treasure seekers is what it is really. The locals aren't friendly and the atmos within this group isn't cordial on the whole. But it ends with a kiss (AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW) so it was worth the journey ??? Hmm.

CNTRL+ALT+TRICK/TREAT (2020, Harvard John)

The other film made during the initial lockdown isn't as effective as Host imho. A group of friends are throwing a birthday party on that there Zoom don't you know. How the young live . Could not imagine watching this on a big screen, as a larger cast than either Host or Unfriended means there's more to keep an eye out for scare wise, which led me to rewinding it in parts ahem.
Decent enough set up, just a poor conclusion left me underwhelmed. Shrug.

The Spooky Bunch (1980, Ann Hui)

A theatre troupe find more than bad reviews when they trundle into town. To be fair, this was somewhat more comedic in nature, though the scares were reasonably effective as a whole. An odd one this, 88 need to stick this one out, as the print I perused wasn't that watchable.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]