View Single Post
Old 11th May 2021, 12:39 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
No, I wish! You have to rent it from the likes of iTunes or Amazon and then you have 48hrs to watch it, some platforms allow one viewing, others as many times as you like in the rental period.

Then you have Disney+ where you pay for a subscription to access their platform and then they charge you £15.99 to watch Mulan. So people were splitting the costs with friends and family and sharing the login details, all of which is against the ToS for the membership etc.

I think we're going to go into a lull now, I doubt that the major studios have been producing the massive tent-pole films and it'll be a while before anything is finished and we'll be just getting more lo-key and medium budget movies for a while.
I was pleased to be able to watch Nomadland without paying extra, something I did yesterday, because it was included in the Disney+ subscription my brother has taken and shared with the rest of the family. If I had to spend £15 for a 48-hour rental, I wouldn't have been prepared to spend that money.