View Single Post
Old 20th May 2021, 11:52 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It's probably an open matte. I'll watch the TV version in a few weeks time, it has some different takes, a couple of extended bits to pad the running time and probably dubbed over bad language!

Did you watch the Theatrical version yet? The sex scene in the pool house shows the original framing, they had to zoom in slightly to avoid any male nudity, this remaster is the first time it's been framed in full and is therefore the only 'uncut' version of the movie released so far.
Yeah, it definitely is open matte but it's really noticeable. I haven't watched the film again yet, just been dipping in and out of the 2 cuts. Yeah, I heard about that zoom. They're fine with the female nudity but show a dude and they lose their shit. I remember Ferman saying "they cut the sex and we cut the violence". Also, I'd like to see more TV versions as an extra. I'd love The Last Boy Scout cos it was hilarious. But the holy grail for me would be the complete TV cut of Scarface. I remember it was on UK Gold back in the 90's and it was fascinating and horrifying at the same time. The Monster Squad I'd like too. Channel 5 showed it and even with the padding out it was still under 70 minutes.