View Single Post
Old 27th May 2021, 10:36 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Raod Warrior. 1981.

Max wonders the desert of the post-apocalyptic world, scavenging for food and gasoline, he helps a band of people fend off the last of the gasoline from a horde of bandits.

This one seems to get mentioned a lot and gets high praises, growing up I never knew why and re-watching it I can understand why. George Miller's follow up to Mad Max and delivers one heck of a great science fiction action film that never gets boring just better and better as it goes on.

Film critic Leonard Maltin gave a nice introduction to the film and gave it all the praises, I think Miller's favourite/lucky number was 65, as 65 vehicles were used and a stunt sending a character 65 feet along a road, or something like that. The finale car/lorry chase scene was amazing to watch with the cinematography was done brilliantly by Dean Semier who never misses a moment, there is some comedy element in it from Bruce Spence and Mel Gibson knows how to be a hero and make a decent bargain with the survivors.

MV5BN2VlNjNhZWQtMTY2OC00Y2E1LWJkNGUtMDU4M2ViNzliMGYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg