View Single Post
Old 16th June 2021, 08:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
To be honest, I don't remember a lot of things like that. I *think* it was a holiday period when we had the film, and that it was a daily matinee performance showing

Unlike the cinemas of today, the one I worked in was only a single screen theatre. It was also the only cinema in Gosport so (unless it was a big movie event like a Bond or Speilberg film, or a Disney release) we tended to get a new film on a weekly basis

Occasionally, if a film that was booked for a single week did well, we would extend its run for a second week, and sometimes a film would return later in the year / the following year

With 'Moonwalker' I do remember that a few weeks / months after it had gone we started to advertise a future presentation, which was the Cher / Nicolas Cage film 'Moonstruck', and a lot of members of the public (and some staff) mistook it for the Michael Jackson film, and started complaining most vocally!
Thanks for the information, always find it fascinating when people talk about working in Cinemas in the 80's and 90's.

I kept on calling 8 Mile, Green Mile