View Single Post
Old 29th June 2021, 10:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Backdraft. 1991.

Two brothers who work in the Chicago Fire Department who don't get along try to put their differences aside when a serial arsonist is at work, that leads the younger brother to join the fire investigation unit.

Ron Howard was able to show how great a director he is when he gave the audience this spectacular movie that still holds up to this day. Kurt Russell plays the heroic older fire fighter brother Stephen who seems to have a appreciation for his job in tackling the unpredictable enemy.

William Baldwin is not a actor i'm fond of and kinda hated him, as at the start he seems to have a smirk on his face a lot then dives in to the role and becomes more of a serious role for him, especially working next to fire investigator Robert DeNiro who teaches him on how a fire can work.

The special effects team done a amazing job in creating the fires and hats off to the cinematographer who was protected and ran through it all filming the fire sequences. The 4K UHD pack I bought was worth it for the sound of the fire as it makes it's mark in the film.

698cfaa7-3fb3-4117-b5bb-118b7812449e-db1bbf7b-d564-4509-a04c-e2cbe723df9f_RGB_SD._SX320_SY240_.jpg