View Single Post
Old 21st July 2021, 07:59 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Humanoids from the Deep (1980)

A second viewing of the 88 Films Blu-Ray after i read the in depth cover story on it in The Dark Side a couple of issues back. I must admit i never noticed any of the 'mirror' shots or any of the other technical tricks director Barbara Peeters said were used in the climactic attack by the humanoids on the pier festival.

Humanoids from the Deep is one of the best horror films from the eighties even if it does rip off other films such as Alien at times. (What about Planet of the Vampires, Mr. O'Bannon). Doug McClure, Ann Turkel and Vic Morrow head a decent cast and the film has a terrific early score from the legendary film composer James Horner. Peeters directs the film assuredly and it goes at a gallop. The additional scenes of gore and sex that producer Roger Corman filmed give the movie an almost video nasty edge that spice things up nicely and for me help make this the exploitation classic that it is. Take them away and you have the unremarkable but entertaining tv movie which Corman produced in 1996.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Humanoids_from_the_deep.jpg (49.3 KB, 5 views)