View Single Post
Old 1st August 2021, 08:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Walk the Straight and Narrow

Crookedarrow.jpg

Shoot A Crooked Arrow./Walk the Straight and Narrow Episode 35,36. September 7, 1966.
Batman and Robin are back in Season 2,this time there villainous opponent is the Archer, played by Art Carney...Archer is trying to be a Robin Hood, giving away all the loot to the poor people of Gotham city...The first episode is a great start to the new season, its bright and loud and just as camp as ever...And while the Archer is not a top tier Batman villain,(another created for the show, although I'm sure there are some similarities to other comic book character's) the Archer is a decent enough villain and certainly flamboyant enough with his side kicks Big John and Crier Tuck, not to mention his version of Maid Marion, Maid Marilyn (portrayed by Barbara Nichols) who spends quite a lot of her screen time eating, mostly fried chicken, she is a great sassy villain side kick and has sort of Mamie Van Doren thing going on....A nice over the top performance from Alan A. Dale played Robert Cornthwaite as double crossing Wayne Foundation director...It has been a while since i watched the first series, and i have to say its a welcome return to this show, just a fun, camp and colourful bit of entertainment...so Batman alias Alfred in disguise, even does a bit of social distancing by veining a cold, and using this as an excuse not to mingle....