View Single Post
Old 12th August 2021, 06:39 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

This is newly announced.

Mae West in Hollywood.

Includes an exclusive double-sided poster only available with direct orders from this website (poster features original designs for She Done Him Wrong and I'm No Angel). While stocks last.

NIGHT AFTER NIGHT (Archie Mayo, 1932)
SHE DONE HIM WRONG (Lowell Sherman, 1933)
I’M NO ANGEL (Wesley Ruggles, 1933)
BELLE OF THE NINETIES (Leo McCarey, 1934)
GOIN’ TO TOWN (Alexander Hall, 1935)
KLONDIKE ANNIE (Raoul Walsh, 1936)
GO WEST YOUNG MAN (Henry Hathaway, 1936)
EVERY DAY’S A HOLIDAY (A Edward Sutherland, 1937)
MY LITTLE CHICKADEE (Edward F Cline, 1940)
THE HEAT’S ON (Gregory Ratoff, 1943)

Release date: 22 November 2021
Limited Edition Blu-ray Box Set (9x UK Blu-ray premieres, 1x World Blu-ray premiere)

When Mae West went to Hollywood in the early 1930s, she was already a major star. Having sensationalised Broadway, it was time for the movies to receive the same. Her fame allowed her control, picking her co-stars (including a young Cary Grant), receiving screenwriter credits, and baiting censors and audiences alike as the pre-Code era gave way to a more sanitised period in American filmmaking. This six-disc collection brings together all ten of West’s classic Hollywood features, from her supporting turn in 1932’s Night After Night to 1943’s musical extravaganza, The Heat’s On.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY BOX SET SPECIAL FEATURES

4K restoration of I’m No Angel
2021 restorations of Belle of the Nineties, Go West Young Man and Every Day’s a Holiday from 4K scans
2018 restorations of Goin’ to Town and My Little Chickadee from 4K scans
2017 restoration of She Done Him Wrong from a 4K scan
High Definition remasters of Night After Night, Klondike Annie and The Heat’s On
Original mono soundtracks
Audio commentary on She Done Him Wrong by critic and film historian Pamela Hutchinson (2021)
Audio commentary on I’m No Angel by critic and writer Farran Smith Nehme (2021)
Audio commentary on Klondike Annie by academic and curator Eloise Ross (2021)
Audio commentary on Go West Young Man by writer and film historian Nora Fiore (2021)
Mae West at UCLA (1971): archival audio recording of the great performer in conversation at the University of California, Los Angeles
Introduction to My Little Chickadee by Harriet Fields, granddaughter of W C Fields (2021)
Lucy Bolton on Mae West (2021): the writer and academic discusses the irrepressible stardom of West
Christina Newland on Mae West (2021): the writer and critic looks at West’s glamour and attitudes to sex
Two Super 8 versions of I’m No Angel: a pair of original cut-down home-cinema presentations, each consisting of unique scenes
Super 8 version of The Heat’s On
Original theatrical trailers
New and improved subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
Limited edition exclusive 120-page book with a new essay by Iris Veysey, archival articles, a critical archive, and film credits
World and UK premieres on Blu-ray
Limited edition of 6,000 numbered units
MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 250_MAE_WEST_packshot_72dpi_RGB_transp_720x.jpg (19.6 KB, 8 views)