View Single Post
Old 13th August 2021, 04:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Unholy. 2021.

A disgraced journalist Gerry Fenn visits a New England town to investigate cattle mutilations stumbles across a deaf mute girl Alice who can now speak and believes the Virgin Mary is speaking to her and can heal the wounded. Soon she has made news headlines, Fenn believes it's something more darker that is talking to Alice.

I have read all of James Herbert books from The Rats right through to Ash and they all seem to be dark, Shrine was a bit more dark gothic type and very suspenseful. This had it all towards the end with one or two predictable jump scares that you see coming a mile away, the acting is decent from Jeffrey dean Morgan as the journalist looking for a new story, William Sadler as the town's local priest and uncle to Alice.

It was a somewhat decent attempt to bring James Herbert's demonic story to film but it just seemed to miss hitting the nerve for a ghost movie, as it does start off well then slowly goes all over the place. I would say get it but on the other hand wait for the price to drop before rushing out to buy it, the book is worth a read.

bShgiEQoPnWdw4LBrYT5u18JF34.jpg