View Single Post
Old 9th October 2021, 03:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Basket case 2 and 3,

Tbh I’d never got round to watching 2nd or 3rd one before,
We all know the expression just because you can doesn’t mean you should, we’ll that applies to this,
Just because he had a bigger budget doesn’t mean he had to use it, should have kept a low budget like the original, if you’ve got limited resources then you'll limit to what you can do but try and make it effective, give more resources and you go huge and bigger but doesn’t necessarily mean better,
It’s like giving a child few pence in a sweet shop and they use it wisely and sparingly, give them unlimited amount of money and they go daft and silly like a bull in a China shop, and I felt that’s what they did with this ,
Everything that made the original a cult classic has been lost in the sequels .
Gritty and grimness, low budget, the grindhouse b movie appeal all lost and turned it into a crisp clean mainstream style, the storyline and plot of the 2nd one was decent and right, but sadly even the acting in the sequels made the original award winning compared to this drivel, the monsters were ridiculously daft and way ott, to point couldn’t take any of it serious even as a silly daft film. that in the end I felt like it was a piss taking comedy parody, awful awful awful should have stuck to same style how the original was made .