View Single Post
Old 11th October 2021, 09:02 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default October 10th

Halloween Night (2006)

Halloween Night offers exploitation at it's best, both exploiting the studios by ripping offer a better film in Halloween and exploiting the punters with very gruesome violence and naked lesbians ... now i have Nordy's attention!

It's derivative and at times ridiculous but it's well made or at least clunkily made with great effects and some fun intricacies to the storyline outside the basic derisory premise not to mention a nicely outlandish looking killer, less burn victim and more zombie tree dude.

The Pumpkin Karver (2006)

I rather enjoy this Halloween set slasher and tend to give it an airing each October. It's got a decent budget and has some fun murders including a poor chap who ends up on the sharp end of a farm drill with his intestines swirling round. Added to this is a decent cast of unknowns and a scary pumpkin masked killer...yeah! i like this one even if the final scene doesn't make too much sense.

That's two trashy exploitative Halloween set slashers from the same year. Good times.

I'm still trying to figure out how to review Saturday's movies. Argento's Inferno and Chaney classic The Wolfman. A few lines doesn't seem appropriate when in all these years i've never reviewed them before. A case of Holy Grails methinks.