View Single Post
Old 11th October 2021, 07:17 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 days of unseen horror

Film 1

cdm-adv1sheet8-1-en-us-1080x793-jpg-60dce79602288-1.jpg

Years after the high rises of Cabrini Green have been torn down the area is no longer a project but filled with up market apartments full of career people and artists a far cry from its run down crime riddled past. Anthony and his girlfriend live in a fancy loft apartment where Anthony spends his days trying to come up with some fresh ideas for his next art exhibition. After bumping into an old man who tells him the true story of the Candyman Anthony draws inspiration for his new works resulting in a series of extremely macabre paintings and ideas. It doesn't take long before all the newfound interest on Candyman brings him back to terrorise the residence of the new Cabrini Green.

As someone who absolutely loves the original film i was looking forward to this when i saw the first teaser trailer but after the second full trailer was released i was a little worried it looked like it lacked atmosphere but i remained a little optimistic and more than willing to give it a chance but i was right to be worried. For me the whole thing lacked tension and atmosphere some parts were shot really well but honestly that's one of the few upsides of this. The soundtrack was pretty disappointing too it had its moments but when you listen to the whole thing in one go it falls pretty flat. There are plenty of kills but the camera cuts away everytime it was so bloody infuriating.

I won't come back to this i liked what they were trying to do but it could of been done much better. Im sure there is some deep meaning and social commentary as i have seen with some reviews i even saw reviews and not one or two plenty that said if you didn't enjoy it or get it then you are racist

My favourite review was Im sure Sammy Davis Jr saw scarier films

5/10