View Single Post
Old 13th October 2021, 05:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Monster. 1975.

A woman gives birth to a baby that may be possessed by the devil.

This was first titled as "Sharon's Baby" which may be a British knock off from Rosemary's Baby, I thought it was only the Italians that did knock off's from movies that were made in America...who knew. Joan Collins plays the new mother Lucy...yup her name was not Sharon and her husband Gino played by Ralph Bates who are the feeling something isn't right with their new son.

Donald Pleasance plays the family doctor who believes in medicine practice than spiritual practice and seems to have a verbal ping pong with Gino's nun sister Eileen Atkins and think we would agree he won't make a great nun. There is a small appearance by Caroline Munroe although she should have had a bigger part and John Steiner as the exoctic dancer theatre owner.

I'm not saying this film is perfect, the acting is a bit off in some places, Peter Sasdy did try to create a dark tone atmospheric film and didn't quite get there but the tension is built up slowly. The Network blu-ray is the best quality I have seen of the film, the picture quality is a bit sharper and the sound isn't as bad as the old VHS era and crap uploads that have surfaced online.

I_Don_t_Want_to_Be_Born_The_Devil_Within_Her-324533679-mmed.jpg