View Single Post
Old 1st November 2021, 10:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post

NIGHTMARES IN A DAMAGED BRAIN – Humour me, but through the veil of scuzz there’s a certain kind of ambition here, that slightly oblique, laconic feel you got with a lot of seventies arthouse, unexpected edits, fun with symbology, that sort of thing. Guess no-one took any of that shit seriously the moment they set eyes on slasher guy frothing at the mouth in that peepshow booth. Perhaps the most enigmatic of the nasties, which seems like a strange thing to say about a movie that blows its wad on spurt-laden S&M decapitation scenes.
Had a massive argument with a friend about this. He thought it was utterly dreadful. I felt it wasn't good, but there was something about it. The really weird editing and story jumps felt like the mind of a troubled individual. No grasp on reality.

My mate said it was just bad filmmaking. Maybe he's right, but at the very least, future filmmakers should give it a studious watch.