View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2021, 07:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
I have the BluRays, the remastered DVDs, and the old DVD boxset. They were all trying for that golden hue (especially Part 2). The old DVDs were more brown, and the darker scenes had a murky quality.

The remastered boxset and BluRays had a more yellow tinge. Didn't notice any strong reds in peoples faces (more golden-brown than anything else). I thought the dark scenes were handled a lot better (especially on BluRay). Looked like gold, red, and black. Despite being dark, I was able to make out everything, even the glasses Tom and Sollozzo are drinking from.
Your right about the faces I just find it quite distracting at times but apart from the skintones it looks great.

The rare beast a sequel that better than the original, the film has two stories one following Michael and the fallout from the first movie and another story following a young Vito as he escapes Italy as a young boy and his rise too power,I would of like too see more of this but both are highly enjoyable with great acting and beautifully shot and expertly directed. Finally I know understand the whole it was you Fredo , you broke my heart quote, this was quite a sad part of the film and felt sorry for Fredo who wasn't spiteful but was just weak.

Now watching