View Single Post
Old 5th November 2021, 01:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Whilst browsing Indicator's Facebook page I came across this post from one, Nora Mehenni, who it appears is moving jobs from Arrow to Indicator. I hope she doesn't mind, but I'm posting it here, just to remind us as punters, in case any of us were in any doubt, that the people who work on our favourite releases and genres are just as passionate and as dedicated to the physical format as we are. More power to this lady...

FULL BAVA CIRCLE... Friday was my last day working at Arrow Video
One of my oldest memory at the job was encoding and QC'ing BLACK SUNDAY. Now, nearly a decade later, I’m closing the dance with SHOCK! Once a Bava girl, always a Bava girl...
It’s been an absolute pleasure to be part of such a team of film freaks over the years. From encoding to creating an actual in-house QC system while overseeing the authoring process across hundreds of magnificent releases...it's been a journey and a half in this small tech/production team.
I'd like to thank the badass disc production team, the unsung technician heroes whose invisible touch means that the job has been perfectly done, down to the smallest of detail. To The Engine House and Fidelity in Motion, you guys are the best - and a rare breed!
The world may think we’re obsolete and our daily manoeuvres are just ancient nerd dialect, but I tell you physical media isn’t dead yet. We have such sights to show you - and objects of desire for you to caress, stare at, lend and cherish for years to come.
To all the beautiful Home Video degenerates, with love.
Next stop, Indicator!
Some of my favourite Arrow releases of the past decade, in no particular order:
- La Grande Bouffe
- Black Sunday
- Brain Damage
- Buckaroo Banzai
- Herschell Gordon Lewis Boxset
- American Horror Project 1 (The Witch Who Came From the Sea)
- Female Prisoner Scorpion Boxset
- Camille 2000
- Driller Killer
- Dekalog
- To Live & Die in LA
- Bill Grefe Boxset
- Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia